Newsletter

Get new posts by email:

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Tip O' the Mornin' to Ya--Corn Bread



I tried making a Jiffy yellow cake mix something or other for one of my parent's or sibling's birthdays, I seem to recall, when I was about five years old. It was a ghastly affair. When pulled out of the oven and sliced open, I heard  the food angels cry as the innards revealed a loose, fibrous stretchy seaweed of sorts. I have no earthly idea what I did--but needless, I suppose to say, it was revolting, even to my ill-equipped five year old palate.

I've come a long way since then (more than a short trip, I assure you) but I still have a fond appreciation for the Jiffy mixes and the simple recipes found on the back of the boxes. Recently, on a whim, I picked up a Jiffy corn bread muffin mix at the grocery store and it all came out just fine--no, more than fine, good!

Now, the tip? Add a can of creamed corn to the mix! Isn't that absolutely rich? Also, blend a tablespoon or so of honey into softened butter and slather it with abandon onto your corn bread, newly arrived, fresh and hot out of the oven.

Here's the Nordic Ware Citrus Blossom Williams-Sonoma loaf pan I used for the corn bread. How handsome!


Do enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment