I loved my evening spent at Armani/Risorante Fifth Avenue when I reviewed it and am even more pleased to be able to make this recipe at home!
Con Funghetti di Stagione e Speck dell’Alto Adige DOP
Eggplant, Tomato and Scamorza Cheese-Layered Lasagna over Parmesan Fondue
Yields 4 Portions
½ lb double-zero, pizza, or all-purpose flour
8oz egg yolks
4 medium-size Italian eggplants
4 medium-size beefsteak tomatoes
1 cup reduced tomato sauce
12 oz smoked Scamorza or Provola cheese, roughly grated (divide into 16 portions)
1 cup bechamel sauce
2 cup Parmigiano cheese, grated (divide into 4 portions).
6 basil leaves, julienned
¼ cup dried oregano
¼ cup dried thyme
½ cup garlic-infused olive oil
1 cup heavy cream
4 Tbsp Parmigiano cheese, grated
1) Mix together flour and egg yolks and knead into a dough. Leave to rest in the refrigerator.
2) Peel and slice eggplant into ¼-inch rounds
3) Peel, slice, and remove seeds from tomato, slice into ¼-inch rounds
4) Place eggplant and tomato on separate parchment papered baking sheets, brush with garlic oil and season with salt and pepper, thyme leaves.
5) Bake separately: bake eggplant at 350*F until golden brown (approximately 20 minutes), and eggplant at 210*F until slightly dried (approximately 2 hours)
6) Roll out very thin sheets (1/16-inch thick) of dough, use a mold to cut sixteen 4-inch rounds of dough. (4 per lasagnetta x 4 portions = 16).
7) Quickly blanch rounds of dough in salted boiling water (approximately 10 seconds), then cool in iced water to stop the cooking process. Place them on a paper towel to dry.
8) Once dry. Place four rounds on a oiled baking pan. Begin layering tomato, eggplant, a spoonful of tomato sauce, grated scamorza cheese, julienned basil, a pinch of dried oregano, and a teaspoon of beschamel sauce. Repeat three times, (to make a total of four layers on each lasagnetta), topping the final round of dough with grated parmigiano cheese.
9) Bake in oven at 350*F for approximately 15 minutes.
10) Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: boil heavy cream until reduced by half, then add the remaining parmigiano cheese, stirring continuously until dissolved.
11) Divide and spoon the sauce evenly on the center of 4 pre-heated flat plates.
12) Remove lasagnetta from the oven, using a spatula, move each lasagnetta to the center of the plate, in the center of the sauce.
13) Serve immediately while hot.
Post a Comment