Newsletter

Get new posts by email:

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Vegetable Festival!




Surely you remember how tiresome it was when you were a child and any speaking relative could tell you to eat your vegetables. Well, spring into summer as we have here a recipe for a whole roasted head of delicious cauliflower in a yogurt marinade as well as a tasty dish of fresh fettucine with morels, asparagus, and peas! I adapted the recipes here and there, as one does to suit the individual taste, and I found the following two dishes to be quite good. So did my guests! PureWow.com served up Spicy Whole Roasted Cauliflower, the link found here. I bought prepared tzatziki to sub for the yogurt marinade and it worked just fine. Add in the suggested chili, cumin, garlic, and curry or more to make it as spicy as you like.


Epicurious.com provided the fettucine recipe via Bon Appetit, and I adapted the recipe that may be  found here. I did much more tinkering with this one, adding in about a cup of frozen peas that I cooked and tossed in at the end. I readily roasted the asparagus in Persian lime oil (extra-virgin olive oil is fine of course, or even a spritz of lime juice) instead of boiling the stalks, as the recipe suggests. The fettucine was fresh (not dried), I skipped the snips of tarragon because we didn't have any on hand and used fat-free condensed skim milk instead of whipping cream--we didn't even notice the lack of fat! And as hideous as the morels may appear, they are so sumptuously fragrant and spongy and really make the whole dish.

Do enjoy!

Thanks PhoenixTools.org for the picture of the morels! Wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment